Putting All the Pieces Together: An Action Plan for You
Nutrition with personal training is perhaps the best way to get into shape. Understanding what you need to eat and how much to eat is a great start to reach your goals. From there, balancing your nutrition with the right intake of protein, fat and carbohydrates will help you reach for Excellence In Fitness.
Your action plan may include:
- Writing down what you eat, how much you ate and when you ate it in a food diary or using an online tracker or app.
- Figuring out how many calories you need to eat to maintain, gain or lose weight.
- Weighing and measuring your food to adjust portion sizes and ensure you’re not eating too much at meal times.
- Switching from refined foods to unrefined foods.
- Drinking more water instead of sugary juices, sodas (even diet sodas) and alcoholic drinks.
- After weight training workouts, to boost muscle recovery and build muscles faster take in protein rich foods such as lean meats or eggs.
- Seeing how you feel after you make dietary changes. After all, these are changes for a lifetime — not just to train for an event. You won’t stick with them if they don’t feel good.
- Assessing your progress over time. Are the changes working? If not, what can you change in your diet to achieve your goal?
Protein is the go-to resource for weightlifting and serious athletes of all sports. Remember that what you put into your body builds your body. If you eat heavily processed foods, you won’t be able to build that lean, muscular look you’re going for.
Instead, eat the best-quality foods you can afford, supplement with protein and drink plenty of fresh water. Avoid salt, refined sugar and alcohol. Get plenty of sleep and fresh air, and you’ll support your body as it transforms into your desired fitness level.
Leave A Comment